Features from November 2021
- Early season Carolina ducks: try these 5 tactics.
- Deep-woods bucks are a special draw for some deer hunters.
- Jordan Lake’s fall bass fishing can really ‘rock’ you.
- Shrimp make fall trout sit up and take notice.
- Learn the rut rules and take more nice bucks in the Carolinas.
Columns - November 2021
- Take nothing for granted when you climb into your deer stand; your shooting had better be up to par.
- Go deep for big November bream on Santee Cooper lakes.
- Plan your time at the boat ramp; use it wisely and considerately.
- Bass will likely be in shallow water for most of November, but deep water will be close by.
- Everything else is ready for duck season. Is your retriever?
- A kayak getaway can make for a memorable fishing experience.
- Deer season across both Carolinas is open this month, with all 150 counties open for pulling the trigger.
- Try some barbecued rips: king mackerel ribs.
Outdoor Update - November 2021
- Thousands of acres known as the Alcoa Game Land tract will be permanently protected from development.
- Laura Tucker of Manson, N.C. is the winner of the first Bag A Buck contest of 2021 with a 10-point buck she killed in Warren County.
- Southport angler Dr. Bob Timson caught the new world record Spanish hogfish while fishing offshore of Cape Fear Inlet on July 17, 2021.
- Will there be enough time to continue the family’s hunting/fishing tradition with another generation?The blessing of a grandson. Will I get to see his first buck?
Hot Spots - November 2021
- Lowcountry redfish begin to school in clear waters this month.
- November is prime time for Cape Fear River specks
- High Rock stripers begin feeding robustly in November. And anglers are catching them on live bait and trolling artificial lures.
- Big blue cats make move to lower end of Lake Wylie in November.
- Troll up a big Lake Gaston striper in November.
- With the last calendar page just one turn away, fishermen targeting speckled trout are out to play without any holds barred.
- Expect big specks in Cape Fear waters in November.