Features from November 2022
- Anchoring down is one of the best ways to catch catfish in chilly weather.
- November is a great month for catch lowcountry redfish. Here’s how to do it.
- Big bucks let down their guard during the breeding season, so make the most of their crucial mistakes.
- Fox squirrels are the trophy of all small game animals. Here’s how to hunt them successfully.
- With so much high-tech equipment available for waterfowl hunting, the old-fashioned way still works just fine.
Columns - November 2022
- Offshore anglers can expect to catch grouper, along with snapper and other species in November
- Deer Herder’s Pie is the venison (and sometimes hog) version of Shepherd’s Pie. Here’s how to make it.
- Two beagles many years ago began outdoor writer Pat Robertson’s love affair with training dogs.
- With the number, quality and comfort level of safety products available today, no hunter should climb a stand without being clipped in.
- The peak of the deer rut occurs in November, giving hunters more chances at killing a buck looking for love.
- November is one of the best months for catching big, trophy catfish and slab crappie on the Santee Cooper lakes.
- Bass fishing in November means finding baitfish in creeks with the right water depths and flow. These tips will help.
- The speckled trout picks up as fall weather moves in, and kayak anglers can catch them with numerous tactics.
Outdoor Update - November 2022
- Landowners in five counties are eligible to borrow wild hog traps from NCWRC.
- A unique leucistic goose was a nice trophy for Harnett County, NC hunter Colton Byrd.
- Hunters and anglers have plenty of options throughout November.
- The SCDNR is asking for reports of blue land crab sightings along the SC coast.
- Numerous trophy gators were killed during South Carolina’s 2022 season.
Hot Spots - November 2022
- Catch your share of stripers and hybrids at Clarks Hill with these tips from guide Eddie Mason.
- Stripers, including trophy-sized ones, bite like mad at Lake Gaston in November.
- As water temperatures cool in November, Lake Hickory’s striper bite heats up
- Drifting is a great way to catch Lake Moultrie’s blue catfish, including some big ones, in November.
- November is a great month for SC’s specks and reds.
- Thanks to several consecutive mild winters, speckled trout are thriving in the Lower Cape Fear area.
- Wendell Wilson’s tips will help you catch spotted bass on Lake Russell during November.