Features from May 2022
- Once the spawn is over, bass can be tough to catch unless you follow these tips from the Carolina pros.
- Redfish and speckled trout feed heavily along the coast of South Carolina’s lowcountry during May.
- When turkey season is dwindling away and you still have a tag to fill, these tips will help you bag that late-season gobbler.
- Redfish have left their big winter schools and are feeding like mad on numerous species of baitfish.
- Carolina lakes and rivers are full of flathead catfish. You’ll catch your share if you follow these tips.
Columns - May 2022
- No matter what species you’re fishing for, it’s biting at Santee right now.
- A fishing log can prove to be an invaluable part of any angler’s gear.
- During the month of May, bass anglers can catch fish on just about any type of lure they want.
- May is a great time to plant high-protein crops as a food source for deer.
- Port Mansfield Redfish Ceviche is a light, healthy and delicious recipe.
- COVID-19 and fuel prices have caused numerous delays in trout stocking throughout the Carolinas in 2022.
Outdoor Update - May 2022
- NOAA Fisheries has shortened the 2022 blueline tilefish season in South Atlantic federal waters.
- With Outguided.com, your dream outdoor adventure is just a few clicks away.
- Changes are on the horizon for N.C. deer hunters after the state’s first confirmed case of CWD.
- Shoot any round through any firearm with OKT Farms’ subcaliber adapters
Hot Spots - May 2022
- Largemouth bass at Jordan Lake feed heavily during the post-spawn. Here’s how to catch them.
- Deep water is the key to catching Lake Russell’s post-spawn stripers.
- The month of May is perfect for catching old drum along North Carolina’s central coast.
- Catch your share of post-spawn stripers at Lake Hickory with these tips.
- Cobia flood the waters around Murrells Inlet by May, and anglers can catch their share with these tips.
- Striper fishing has been on fire since mid-March on the Wateree River, and these fish will continue biting throughout May.
- The whiting bite is red hot along North Carolina’s southern coast throughout May.