Features from July 2022
- Anglers working the nightshift can catch catfish all night long on these Carolina lakes.
- Lake Hartwell’s striper bite can get tough during the summer, but this big spoon technique works like a charm on the upstate lake.
- Pompano and whiting don’t get the same rave reviews as many gamefish, but they are plentiful in the surf, willing biters, and delicious for dinner.
- Stay cool in the shade while catching summer sheepshead with these tips from a Carolina fishing guide.
- These tips will help you catch a cooler full of white perch on these N.C. lakes.
Columns - July 2022
- For a tasty and refreshing meal on a hot summer evening, try this avocado pineapple grilled snapper recipe.
- Bow hunting is about much more than just the destination; it’s the journey that really makes the difference.
- No matter where you’re heading for vacation this summer, make sure to take your plastic boat along with you.
- Changes are coming to dolphin regulations. Let’s hope the new rules make sense for anglers and dolphins.
- Fishing crankbaits on contour breaks with cover is a surefire way to scare a big bag of summer bass.
- The heat of summer doesn’t put a damper on Santee Cooper’s bream or catfish action.
- To make this fall’s deer hunting season your best yet, make these summertime preparations right now.
Outdoor Update - July 2022
- The 2022 CCA-SC STAR event includes a redfish and dolphin division.
- North Carolina hunters killed a total of 20,576 turkeys during the state’s spring 2022 season.
- South Carolina hunters killed a total of 8832 turkeys during the 2022 season.
- John and Michael Collins pocketed $12,380 in the June 4 Tideline Marine of Jacksonville Redfish Classic.
Hot Spots - July 2022
- Kerr Lake’s crappie can’t resist small crankbaits during the summertime.
- Don’t let the calm waters of Hilton Head Island’s lagoon fool you -- it’s home to huge, hard-fighting redfish.
- Murrells Inlet continues to be one of the hottest flounder fishing spots in the Carolinas.
- Anglers catch plenty of dolphin and sailfish quite close to shore along North Carolina’s dolphin and sailfish alley each summer.
- Lake Jocassee is a great place to spend a summer day catching mountain trout.
- Catch sheepshead throughout the summer with fiddler crabs and the right technique.
- Lake Norman has a huge white perch population, and they bite all summer long.