Features from April 2023
- With crappie spawning season in full bloom, these three strategies will help you catch your share.
- The age old debate of which tide is best for inshore fishing isn’t as complicated as some anglers believe.
- Fishing for catfish during the springtime on the Santee Cooper lakes calls for slowing things down.
- Two Carolina rivers - the Cape Fear and the Santee - are shad hotspots during the spring.
- Early season or late, these turkey hunting tips will help you fill your tags.
Columns - April 2023
- OmniSonar is the latest advanced mousetrap for anglers targeting billfish, but it’s just one more tool in an angler’s bag.
- April is a great time for bass anglers to use soft plastics, especially when they are rigged in one of these three ways.
- Landowners need the proper equipment to maintain food plots and trails. These tips will help you choose the right ones.
- Anglers don’t always have to travel long distances to get their fix with the fly rod.
- April is the perfect month to paddle for panfish, and these recommendations will have you catching your share of these hard-fighting fish.
- The shallow water action heats up for shellcrackers and crappie during April on the Santee Cooper lakes.
- The redbreast sunfish is very colorful, fun to catch, and tasty to eat.
- This turkey taco loaf recipe offers a unique twist to serving the big gamebird that takes over many sportsmen’s lives in April.
Outdoor Update - April 2023
- Carolina anglers making outstanding catches can be recognized with these programs.
- Hunters from five states killed a total of 424 coyotes during the 2023 Carolina Coyote Classic
- Eighteen NC hunters won awards at the 2023 Dixie Deer Classic presented by the Wake County Wildlife Club.
- North Carolina’s Hatchery Supported Trout Waters will open on April 1, 2023.
- Anglers fishing in North Carolina waters are prohibited from using drones.
Hot Spots - April 2023
- Anglers are catching quality bass on the Waccamaw River with these tips.
- Atlantic bonito are schooling and feeding near Carolina Beach. Catch your share with these tips.
- Sometimes, casting to the open middle is better than casting to the structure for speckled trout.
- Docks in shallow water are magnets for lowcountry redfish during the spring.
- Anglers fishing the Georgetown Hole can expect to catch a mixed bag of wahoo, tuna and dolphin in April.