SCDNR accepting 2021 waterfowl lottery applications through Oct. 15
The S.C. Department of Natural Resources (SCDNR) is now accepting applications for waterfowl lottery hunts on public lands through Oct. 15, 2021 at 5:00 pm.
A non-refundable fee of $20 is required of all applicants for the Multi-site Waterfowl Lottery Hunt and $5 per youth applicant for the Youth Multi-site Waterfowl Hunt. After the selection process occurs, only the primary applicant will receive email notification of the drawing’s completion.
The following hunt locations will not be available in the Waterfowl Lottery Hunt this year due to extensive and ongoing property renovations.
- Santee Delta
IMPORTANT: You will get an email confirmation when you apply. If you do not get an email confirmation, there may be issues with your payment (please check spam folders too). If this does occur, please wait, and try again the next day as a hung transaction must be manually cleared first. If there continues to be a problem, contact us at 803-734-3886.
Additional Opportunities for Lottery Hunt Applicants
Applicants for both the Waterfowl Multi-Site and Youth Multi-Site Lottery Hunts also have the ability to opt-in for second chance waterfowl hunting opportunities being offered by private landowners.
There is no additional cost to the applicant and SCDNR preference points are notaffected by any second chance draw hunt opportunity offered by the South Carolina Wildlife Partnership (SCWP) or the Pintail Partners (for youth hunters).
You must apply for the SCDNR waterfowl lottery hunt to participate in any second chance hunt opportunity and complete the opt-in form so that your information can be sent for the second chance drawing. Selecting to purchase a preference point only will not enter you into the second chance hunt.
To learn more about South Carolina Wildlife Partnership and how you may help, visit the SCWP web site.
- If you opt-in by registering and you are not selected for a SCDNR lottery hunt, SCDNR will provide the Name, Email, and Phone Number of the primary applicant to SCWP or Pintail Partners (youth hunt applicants) for inclusion in the SCWP or Pintail Partners lottery process.
- There is no additional cost to the applicant and SCDNR preference points are not affected by any SCWP or Pintail Partners second-chance draw hunt opportunity.
- SCWP requires that each applicant opting in has successfully completed an approved Hunter Education course prior to any SCWP hunts.
- If selected, you will be contacted directly by a representative from either SCWP or Pintail Partners (for youth hunters only, but the adult applicant must complete the opt-in notification as the point of contact).
Due to the potential of COVID-19 transmission this Fall, SCDNR may implement changes in procedure at Public Waterfowl Lottery Hunt sites this season in order to protect hunters and staff.
These changes may require:
- All participants to wear a mask when interacting with SCDNR staff, without exception.
- Temperature checks upon arrival. Those exceeding the CDC guidelines will not be permitted to hunt.
- Earlier than normal arrival.
- Following any special direction or signage given by SCDNR staff at hunt sites.
- Social distancing.
- Restriction to one bag of decoys and one dog per party.
The primary applicant of the selected hunters will be notified if and when any of these changes are implemented prior to their hunt.
JOIN THE CLUB, get unlimited access for $2.99/month
Become the most informed Sportsman you know, with a membership to the Carolina Sportsman Magazine and CarolinaSportsman.com.