Four shooting ranges will reopen, four remain closed
Tomorrow, May 5, four of the SCDNR-managed shooting ranges will reopen to the public. Twin Ponds Range in Charleston County, Wateree Rifle & Pistol Range in Richland County, James O Thomason Range in Spartanburg County, and Pickens Range in Pickens County are scheduled to open back up.
All of these shooting ranges will operate under social distancing guidelines. The SCDNR wants the public to know of the following guidelines at these ranges:
- Every other shooting position will be closed to ensure social distancing.
- No more than two (2) shooters may shoot on a shooting position at a time. Space is limited at the firing line, so this will be required to ensure the safety of others on the range.
- Ranges will NOT be loaning out equipment such as target throwers, spotting scopes, rifle rests, etc. Bring your own equipment.
- You are not required to sign-in.
- Shooters will be limited to one (1) hour on the range so that others can utilize the facility. If the range is full, the Range Officer will maintain a running list of the shooters who are waiting.
- Shooters who are waiting will be asked to remain in their vehicle until called upon by the Range Officer for an open position.
The following ranges will remain closed:
Palachucola, Webb Center, and Belfast ranges will remain closed until further notice. Additionally, the Wateree Shotgun Range in Richland County will remain closed due to construction.