Youth hunters get first crack in each game zone
South Carolina’s youth hunters in Game Zones 3 & 4 will get first crack at the 2023 deer season on Aug. 12, which is Youth Day for this year.
Youth Day is for hunters who are 17-years-old and younger.
Youth hunters in the state’s other Game Zones will also get a Youth Day, which will take place before the regular deer hunting season dates in those areas.
For Game Zone 2, Youth Day is Sept. 9, and in Game Zone 1, youth hunters can take to the woods on Sept. 30.
Regulations on Youth Days are as follows:
- For hunters 17 and younger
- Youth hunters who have not completed the hunter education programs must be accompanied by an adult at least 21-years-old
- No license or tags are required on Youth Days
- Adults may guide, but only hunters 17 and younger may take or attempt to take deer
- Guns, primitive weapons, and archery equipment are allowed
- Antlered deer only, bag limit of one
For more information, visit dnr.sc.gov.
Don’t forget to enter your deer in our Bag A Buck contest!