It’s the last waterfowl day of the 2020-21 season
Tomorrow, Feb. 13 is Youth Waterfowl Day for hunters throughout the Carolinas. Hunters under the age of 18 may hunt with the following guidelines:
- Youth under the age of 16 who have obtained Hunter Education Certification must be accompanied by an adult age 18 or older
- Youth under the age of 16 who have not successfully completed Hunter Education Certification must be accompanied by a properly licensed adult age 18 or older
- Youth aged 16 & 17 must be properly licensed, must have HIP certification and a federal duck stamp and must be accompanied by an adult age 18 or older
- Accompanying adults that are properly licensed cannot duck hunt, but may participate in other seasons that are open on youth waterfowl days
Veterans and active military members can also hunt on Feb. 13
Feb. 13 is also open to veterans and active duty military members, who may participate with the following guidelines:
- Must be properly licensed with valid credentials, must have HIP certification and a federal duck stamp
- North Carolina hunters participating on Feb. 13 must have a valid permit to hunt tundra swans and Canada geese (Northeast Hunt Zone Only)
Daily limits during the Youth/Veteran/Military day is the same as the limit during the regular waterfowl seasons.
Shooting hours are 1/2 hour before sunrise until sunset unless otherwise specified.
JOIN THE CLUB, get unlimited access for $2.99/month
Become the most informed Sportsman you know, with a membership to the Carolina Sportsman Magazine and CarolinaSportsman.com.