More closures are likely to come
The NCWRC and state of North Carolina have closed, cancelled, or postponed numerous locations and functions due to Hurricane Dorian.
Outer Banks Center for Wildlife Education
Closed until further notice.
Boating Access Areas (BAAs) and Public Fishing Areas (PFAs) Closings by Region:
Commission staff are now evaluating specific BAAs and PFAs and posting closures as needed.
- Great Lake BAA, Craven County
- Tory Hole BAA, Bladen County
- Lock #3 Access Area (996 Locks 1 Rd., Riegelwood, N.C.) on the Cape Fear River, Bladen County – closed by U.S. Army Corps of Engineers until further notice due to damage sustained from last year’s hurricanes.
Game Lands (listed alphabetically):
Gates are closed to vehicular access on the following game lands or game land tracts:
- Buckridge Game Land, Tyrrell County: seasonal gates closed
- Croatan Game Land: all campgrounds, gated roads, recreational areas closed
- Chowan Swamp Game Land, Gates County: seasonal gates closed
- Goose Creek Game Land, Beaufort County: seasonal gates closed
- Gull Rock Game Land, Hyde County: seasonal gates closed
- Holly Shelter Game Land, Pender County: seasonal gates closed
- Juniper Creek Game Land, Columbus County: seasonal gates closed
- Lower Roanoke River Game Land, Martin County: CLOSED SECTION: Conoho Tract: River Road access at Moratoc Park
- Neuse River Game Land, Craven County: seasonal gates closed
- Pee Dee River Game Land, Richmond County: CLOSED SECTION: Diggs Tract (Campground Road)
- Sandhills Game Land, Richmond County: CLOSED SECTION: Gum Swamp Lake
- Van Swamp Game Land, Washington County: seasonal gates closed
- White Oak River Game Land, Onslow County: seasonal gates closed
These roads will remain closed until they have each been evaluated and deemed to be safe and suitable for public use.