Hunters 17 and younger can hunt deer this Saturday
South Carolina’s general deer hunting season for the 2021-22 season closed on Jan. 1, but we still have one youth day left. That day will take place on Jan. 8, 2022. It will be open on private land and on certain WMAs.
Regulations for youth day are as follows:
- For youth 17-years-old and younger
- Youth hunters who have not completed the hunter education program must be accompanied by an adult at least 21-years-old.
- There are no license or tag requirements on this designated day.
- Adults may guide, however, only the youth may take or attempt to take deer.
- Guns, primitive weapons, or archery equipment are allowed.
- Antlered deer only, bag limit is 1.
- Take advantage of these special opportunities to get a youth outdoors. Hunt safe, have fun, and good luck!
Some deer processors may not be open outside of the regular season. Please plan accordingly prior to hunting regarding care and handling of your harvest.
In North Carolina, deer hunters in certain counties still have the Urban Archery Season to look forward to. Click here to see a list of counties that hold this special season.
Subscribe now, get unlimited access for $19.99 per year
Become the most informed Sportsman you know, with a membership to the Carolina Sportsman Magazine and CarolinaSportsman.com.