After watching this deer grow since early summer, I couldn’t wait to start hunting this deer. Never saw him on the hoof during bow season and when rifle season he was always there when I wasn’t there. With hurricane Ian coming in I knew there was no better chance to see him on his feet. I got in the stand around 4:30 PM September 29 and around 5:30 I had three does come into my foodplot and start feeding. Right before 6 PM I looked into the foodplot and the buck was standing on the edge watching the does feed. I got my rifle up and settled the crosshairs on his shoulder and squeezed it off. The deer ran about 60-70 yards.
Congratulations to Cooper, who is now entered in our Bag-A-Buck Contest and in the running for these monthly prizes and the Grand Prize package:
Monthly winners will receive:
The Grand Prize winner will receive:
- Cherokee Run Hunting Lodge 2-day, two-man deer/hog hunt
- Seneca Dragon Claw airgun/arrow gun combo from Pyramid Air
- Barnett Hyper XP 405 Crossbow
- MAGLITE Field Ops Bundle
- Grey Man Tactical Vehicle Hunting Gun Rack RMP Package
- 3-year subscription to Carolina Sportsman Magazine
You can be in the running for these prizes too by sharing your story and photo in our Bag-A-Buck gallery.
Be the first to comment