Aug. 14 is youth deer hunt day in Game Zones 3 and 4
The SCDNR has announced the youth deer hunt dates for South Carolina’s 2021-2022 deer hunting season. Game Zones 3 and 4 are up first, with their youth hunting day taking place Aug. 14. That’s the day before the season opener in Game Zone 3, and the day before archery season’s opener in Game Zone 4.
Game Zone 2 is next, with their youth day taking place on Sept. 11. Game Zone 1 has their youth day on Sept. 25.
An additional youth day will take place on Jan. 8, 2022. That will be open on private land and on certain WMAs.
Regulations for youth day are as follows:
- For youth 17-years-old and younger
- Youth hunters who have not completed the hunter education program must be accompanied by an adult at least 21-years-old.
- There are no license or tag requirements on this designated day.
- Adults may guide, however, only the youth may take or attempt to take deer.
- Guns, primitive weapons, or archery equipment are allowed.
- Antlered deer only, bag limit is 1.
- Take advantage of these special opportunities to get a youth outdoors. Hunt safe, have fun, and good luck!
Some deer processors may not be open prior to the regular season. Please plan accordingly prior to hunting regarding care and handling of your harvest.
JOIN THE CLUB, get unlimited access for $2.99/month
Become the most informed Sportsman you know, with a membership to the Carolina Sportsman Magazine and CarolinaSportsman.com.