I got sad news today. Our 14 pt massive buck that we have been hunting for 3 years now was hit by a car and killed yesterday morning. Highway patrol called nc wildlife out to get the deer. He is said to be close to, if not a new state record. Granville County. I'm sick...
1st post ever on nc sportsman. After reading i had to reply. just to set the record straight i still hunt (bow, blackpowder and rifle) and dog hunt. i have dog hunted and still hunted since i was 10. im now 31. ive seen it all...the 10% and the 90%. im still laughing at the anti dog hunters comments. i will guess that 90% of you that are ripping dog hunting...have never done it. So i just want to touch on a few points.
1. 'Dog hunting is unethical or not fair'...and you are comparing this to what? I really hope you say bowhunting... if not im still laughing.
2. 'just keep your dogs off everyone else's land'...i could be wrong here, but you are prob. that guy that moved to nc from up north. you own 30 acres in the middle of our 1000 and now you think you own the world. Trust me, we dont want our dogs on your land as much as you dont because we dont want to here you cry about it.
3. 'dog hunters are lazy'...i would love to know exactly what you mean by this. what do you call sitting in one place all day??? Dont forget i still hunt to.
4. 'dog hunters are cheap'... wow...obv. you havent taken care of 20-25 walkers before.
5. 'all dog hunters kill are deer you let walk'...i somewhat get your point here, but not always true. Ive seen some monsters killed in front of dogs. Im not talking 16 inch 8 pt basket racks either.
6. 'dog hunting isnt a pastime or family tradition'... maybe not anymore because of you... and if you believe this, then either you arent from nc or your parents and grandparents were not hunters. dog hunting started here and if you dont like it hunt somewhere else. Quit trying to run us off land we have always been able to dog hunt.
i could go on and on, but the bottom line is that we all love to hunt or we wouldnt be on here. Still hunters please remember...We want to leave you alone as much as we want you to leave us alone. I understand both sides of this debate, but for the ones that are hating on dog hunting and have never tried it. Give it a try if you get the chance and you will definitely have a different outlook on dog hunting when the day is over.