Please Sign In


New To Sportsman Network?
  • Anglers @ USC Bass Open

    Reply
     
    The University of South Carolina Fishing Club--the Anglers @ USC--will hold their 1st Annual Bass Open at Lake Wylie on March 16. The tournament will begin at safe light, with the weigh-in commencing at 3 pm. The event will be held at the Buster Boyd Landing on Bulcher Circle in Lake Wylie, SC.

    Many people don't know about collegiate bass fishing, but it is currently the fastest growing college sport. The USC team was founded in 2009, and members fish the FLW College Series, the Bassmaster Carhartt College Series, Cabela's Boat US Collegiate Bass Fishing Series, and other regional tournaments like the FLW BFL Series and Bassmaster ABA Series events.

    This tournament is open to all anglers, with a registration fee of $100 per boat. The payout is 90% with a guaranteed top prize of $2000, with the other 10% going to the USC fishing team to help offset costs incurred throughout the fishing season.

    Registration starts at 5 am at the landing. Anglers can also pre-register by printing out the registration form below.

    Brian Cope
    Borden
    SC Sportsman Field Reporter
    Reply