Early Times Kentucky Whisky is once again offering anglers a chance to catch big money in its "Early Times Tagged Fish Challenge" promotion which runs from July 1 to July 31. South Carolina is one of 14 states participating in the Tagged Fish Challenge.
For a chance to win anglers need to catch a bass tagged by Early Times and register their tag number on the Early Times site (www.earlytimes.com). Last year, Early Times tagged 50 bass at Santee Cooper. While no one secured the $25,000, a tagged bass from Santee Cooper was caught and registered on-line.
"We didn't receive as many tags from South Carolina as we did the other states, but we were still able to give away big money and hope to give away even more in 2007," said Alan George, brand director for Early Times.
Early Times, proud sponsor of pro-angler Kevin Wirth, will guarantee a winner in each state by giving away $1,000 to one of the anglers from each state who registers a tagged bass.
As the only angler to register a tag, Brad Jones of Pinewood, South Carolina, was automatically declared the "Big Cash Bass" winner from South Carolina and was presented with a $1,000 check.
All anglers who register a tag will receive a prize pack from Early Times, Berkley and Mann's with a retail value of $60.
How the promotion works:
* Early Times will tag 50 fish in each state with one potentially winning tag number per state. (Winning tag numbers are selected in advance by an independent promotions agency).
* To be eligible for a chance at the Grand Prize of $25,000, consumers who catch a tagged bass need to remove the tag, and register their tag number on the Early Times site (www.earlytimes.com).
* Early Times will announce the Grand Prize winners and winners for the $1,000 quick prize during the first two weeks of August.
* For more details on the contest visit www.earlytimes.com.
Early Times will tag fish in the following lakes:
• Alabama: Guntersville Lake
• Florida: Lake Toho
• Georgia: Clarks Hill Lake
• Indiana: Monroe Reservoir
• Illinois: Rend Lake
• Kentucky: Kentucky Lake
• Louisiana: Toledo Bend Reservoir
• Mississippi: Sardis Lake
• North Carolina: Lake Norman
• South Carolina: Lake Wylie
• Oklahoma: Lake Texoma
• Texas: Eagle Mountain Lake
• Virginia: Lake Anna
• Wisconsin: Lake Wisconsin
Note: You must be at least 21 years old to be eligible. Void where prohibited. You must have the necessary fishing license/permit to be eligible. Complete promotion details and rules are available on www.earlytimes.com.