The premier fundraising event for the non-profit, worldwide, membership-supported conservation, preservation and record-keeping organization will highlight more than 40 live auction items plus well over 200 silent auction items.
For the fifth year, an on-line auction of the continuously growing list is already underway at the IGFA's website www.igfa.org .
The extensive list of items includes:
* Luxury one-week vacation for 12 on the 166 ft. expeditionary five-star super yacht, Latitude from numerous worldwide ports (Item #020).
* From Chevrolet, a 2006 Avalanche loaded with many great features (Item #015).
* A 19.75 kt., diamond tennis necklace from KD&G Sea Life Masterpieces (Item #012).
* Original and limited edition artwork and sculptures by fine artists including featured world renowned wood sculptor David Wirth and his original Blue Marlin made of white ash and standing 53" tall. (Item #005).
* Entries into tournaments worldwide, many of them 2007 Rolex/IGFA Inshore and Offshore Championship qualifying events.
* International and domestic fishing trips, many with lodging, including perennial favorite Tropic Star Lodge in Pinas Bay, Panama (Item #035)
* An eight-day fishing safari in Australia (Item #036)
* Cruises and vacation packages to exclusive global resorts, hotels and lodges.
* Fishing trips in unique locations with legendary guides.
* Game fish trophy mounts, rods, reels, tackle, fishing equipment, gold and diamond jewelry, books, clothing and more.
"Every day we're adding more exclusive and quality items in all price ranges," said Mike Myatt, corporate relations director, "so bidders should check the IGFA website often."
"In past years online bidders have won about 25 percent of the items," said Lesley Arico, special projects coordinator, "but being there live makes for a more exciting evening."
Advance tickets for the gala evening are $175 each and open to the public. An entry includes a four-course dinner with wine during the live auction, two drinks during the silent auction and a chance to win one of the many door prizes.
"We are also raffling off a Rolex Submariner watch," she said, "plus 'Go for the Gold' tickets with the winner splitting $20,000 with the IGFA Junior Angler program. We'll also have numerous raffle prizes with tackle, line, rods, art, dinner gift certificates, theater tickets, apparel and more for an exciting evening."
Arico said that on-line bids will be accepted with a valid credit card number and expiration date, name, address, email and contact phone number. The on-line portion of the auction ends at 9 a.m. EST on Monday, January 23.
The highest bid on each item will be the starting bid at the silent and live auction the night of the fundraiser. All on-line winners will be notified by 5:00 p.m. on January 30.
A special mail-in bid form is also available by contacting the IGFA. For additional details please contact Arico at the IGFA at 954-924-4222 or email at LArico@IGFA.org.