Chuck Murray of Louisburg and Randy Groves of Creedmoor topped a field of 14 teams at the Aug. 3 TOM CATT Lake Gaston Trail tournament on Gaston.
The two anglers had a 5-fish catch weighing 17.57 pounds and received a bonus award for total winnings of $920. They also won the points championship which awards them with free entries to 2014 TOM CATT Gaston tournaments.
Scott Griffin of Sherrills Ford and Neil Roberson of Rocky Mount placed second with 14.93 pounds, a haul that included a 6.42-pound bass, the big fish of the day. They won $625.
Eric Schell and Todd Smith of Wadesboro finished third with 14.13 pounds, winning $120; and Adam and Gene Richardson ranked fourth with 14.05 pounds. Their finish, plus a bonus award, gave them earnings of $195.
OTHER BASS TOURNAMENTS
Adam & EveTrail, Lake Tillery, Aug.10
1. Roger Freeman-Deanna Freeman (Montgomery County), 14-6, $262.50; 2. Jase Parson-Amy Parson (Montgomery County), 13-8, $157.50; 3. Mark Bayse-Audrey Bayse (Thomasville), 11-13, $105. Big Fish: Rodney Gooch-Ashley Gooch (Troy), 5-6, $105.
BASS Elite Series, St. Lawrence River, Aug. 8-11
1. Brandon Palaniuk, Rathdrum, Idaho, 88-12, $101, 500. 31. Hank Cherry (Maiden), 53-12, $10,000.
American Couples N.C. Division 14, Lake Gaston, July 27
1. Cory-Pam Leonard (Castalia), 12.37, $360; 2. Mark-Mary Jo Williamson (Wilson), 10.40, $240.
Waccamaw River CATT Spring Trail Final, Aug. 10
1. Timmy Barfield-Joel Barfield (Conway, S.C.), 12.20, $1,980; 2. John Proctor (Conway, S.C.)-Lee Cannon, 10.65, $1,180; 3. Mark Johnson-Lin Fore, 9.40, $555. Big fish: (tie) Barfield-Barfield, Proctor-Cannon, 3.45 pounds. Summer points champions: Jordan Thopkins-Timmy Thompkins.
NCCATS, Lake Norman, Aug. 3
1. Justin Barger (Hickory)-Brandon Miller (Salisbury), 43.87, plus 23.81-pound big fish. 2. Dennis Leonard (Stanley), 42.99; 3. Lonnie White-Phil Leonard (Stanley), 32.19.