They won a fully rigged Nitro Z-8 bass boat.
The Dicksons took the lead on the first day with 16.14 pounds and clinched the win with 11.65 on the second day. They caught most of their fish in creeks on the lower part of the lake in 25 to 35 feet of water. They fished a drop-shot rig with a Robo worm in morning dawn and a 3/16-ounce shaky head rig with a green pumpkin worm. They also had good luck with a white Reaction Innovation swimbait off the points but admitted that their most-productive bait was a Hydro-Wave.
Rounding out the top five was Edward Hughes and Josh Hughes, second with 26.5 pounds for $3,000; Fred Devine and Randy Childers, third with 26.24 for $1,500; Greg Clouse and Jamie Rampey, fourth with 25.37 for $1,000, and Chris Powell and Eddie Wortham, fifth with 25.24 for $900.
Steve Harwood and Mike Stewart had the big fish at 5.03 pounds and won $430.
Two SC pros qualify for Bassmasters Classic
Two South Carolina pros have qualified for the 2013 Bassmaster Classic: Marty Robinson and Jason Quinn.
Robinson and Quinn finished in the top 30 in the Bassmaster Elite Series standings to earn their spots in the tournament,which will be fished Feb. 22-24 on Oklahoma's Grand Lake of the Cherokees.
Robinson, from Lyman, finished 26th in the point standings. He will be fishing the Classic for the second time.
"This will be my second time to the Classic, and I am excited about being there, but at a different time of the year. This suits my style of fishing: jig fishing," he said.
Quinn finished 30th in the standings and grabbed the final qualifying berth.
Edmunds, Crawford top Wateree catfish tourney
Bruce Edmunds and Doug Crawford, fishing as "Team Smackdown", won the Catawba Catfish Club's first tournament of the 2012-13 season Sept. 15 on Lake Wateree.
Edmunds and Crawford finished with 73.15 pounds and won $500. Lindsay Bingham and Dean Birch took second with 60.95 and won $315; Chad Cataledge and David Love were third with 58 pounds, winning $252, plus $315 for having the tournament's big fish. Jason Knight and John Terry were fourth with 54.2, winning $126, and Jeff Manning and Michael Paciocc were fifth with 48.2, winning $63.
The tournament drew 32 boats and 69 fishermen.
Fulmer is ABA winner on Murray
Kevin Fulmer of Prosperity won the American Bass Anglers Division 96 on Lake Murray on Sept. 23 with a 5-fish limit that weighed 16.53 pounds.
Fulmer caught his fish on the lower part of the lake on topwater lures and Flukes off points and humps. He won $607.
George Berry of Saluda finished second with 16.37 pounds, including a 6.13-pound lunker that was the tournament's big fish. Berry caught his fish on a buzzbait and flipped soft plastics on the upper part of the lake. He won $473.
Mark Richardson of Irmo was third with 12.21, winning $97, and Sean Anderson of Leesville and Casey Hendrix of Newberry rounded out the top five with 10.1 and 9.09 pounds, respectively.
Walmart Bass Fishing League, Savannah River Division, Lake Hartwell, Sept. 22-23
1, Donald Poteat (Morganton, N.C.), 10 bass, 28-13, $6,690; 2. Jerry Kotal (Elberton, Ga.) 10, 28-8, $2,845; 3. Blake Campbell (Anderson) 10, 28-1, $1,897; 4. Brandon Cobb (Greenwood), 10, 27-6, $1,328; 5. Kerry Partain (Elberton, Ga.), 10, 27-3, $1,138. Co-anglers: 1. Bryan Cothran (Belton), 10, 22-6, $2,845; 2. Laura Gober (Pendergrass, Ga.), 10, 19-11, $1,422; 3. Derek Lehtonen (Woodruff), 10, 18-5, $948; 4. Adam Fincher (Roebuck), 6, 18-2, $664; 5. Brian McHone (Laurens), 9, 17-3, $569.
B.A.I.T, Lake Keowee, Sept. 22
1. Perry Rogers-Pat Esposito (Seneca), 5 bass, 10.49 pounds; 2. Randy Dickson-Kevin Dickxon (Westminster), 5, 10.25; 3. James Chambers-Kevin Cox (Seneca), 5, 9.98. Big fish: Andy Burgess-Ted Burgess, 3.1 pounds.
Bass Federation of SC, Lake Wateree, Sept. 8
1. Bernie Dreher (St. Andrews), 4 fish, 10.55 pounds; 2. Tom Rubbo (St. Andrews), 4, 8.19; 3. Tommy Lindler (St. Andrews), 2, 7.69, including 5.65-pound big fish; 4. Bill Payne, 2, 6.09; 5. Jay Keith (Palmetto One), 2, 5.61.
Carolina Anglers Team Trail, Waccamaw River, Sept. 22
1. Mark Johnson- Kyle Johnson, 9.00 pounds, $500. 2. Chris Jones-Ed Owens, 8.95 plus 3.2-pound second-big fish, $216. Big fish: Wesley Howell-Steve Register, 3.80 pounds, $84.
CATT, Fall Qualifier, Savannah River, Sept. 22.
1. Dan Martin-Dan Martin II, 6.77 pounds, plus 1.64-pound, second big fish, $324. 2. Berry Descaro-Romaine Guerrini, 6.20, plus 1.88 big fish, $176. 3. Rocky Mullis-Jeff Mullis, 5.79, $125.
T.O.M. CATT, Lake Wateree, Sept. 22
1. Donald Hinson-Jay Keith, 12.24 pounds, $600. 2. Steve Borton- Spencer McCrary, 12.23, plus 4.23-pound big fish, $210.
T.O.M. CATT, Lake Wateree, Sept. 8.
1. Van Collins-Jeff Douglas, 5 bass, 8.84 pounds, $600. 2.Alan Flecther-Danny Johnson, 4, 7.95, $140. 3. Kane-Tracy Simpson, 1, 3.25 pounds, $70.
BCATT Fall Qualifier, Waccamaw River, Sept. 1
1. Mike Brinsfield, 9.95 pounds, plus 5.45-pound big fish, $450; 2. Jesse Norris-Andy Martin, 5, 9.25, plus 4.0 second big fish, $180.