The clinics are sponsored by the S.C. Department of Natural Resources Aquatic Education Section and are designed to introduce the basics of fishing to the young and old or those who need a refresher to the basics of fishing to increase their future participation in the sport. Family Fishing Clinics will teach skills on how to tie fishing knots, how to rig a rod and reel, casting and the best part is everyone will get to try their hand at fishing. Participants will learn how and where to fish and have someone to fish with to become confident anglers. Family Fishing Clinics are free of charge.
Register online at: www.dnr.sc.gov/aquaticed/fishingclinic/index.html. For more information regarding an upcoming Family Fishing Clinic event or to host an event, please contact Lorianne Riggin, email@example.com or 803-737-8483.
The scheduled clinics are as follows:
* April 21 - 10 a.m. to Noon - Sergeant Jasper County Park (Jasper Co.)
* April 28 - 12 noon to - 2 p.m. - Devils Fork State Park (Oconee Co.)
* April 29 - 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. - Camp Gravatt (Aiken Co.)
* May 19 - 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. - Oconee State Park (Oconee Co.)
* June 5 - 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. - Cohen Campbell Fish Hatchery (Lexington Co.)
* June 7 - 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. - Cohen Campbell Fish Hatchery (Lexington Co.) #